Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kathy Kise Nicholson, Artist, Universal Citizen

Previously from Fernside, New Zealand

My father had a picture of Albert Einstein in his studio. As a young girl I watched a grown man show reverence for this wild looking man with white hair standing on end. Why?, I wondered often until one day, I too, could read some of the things he said:

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”

And, thereby another Artist was bred. My Father, My Mother and my Father’s Mother were all practicing Artists. I grew up with brushes and bowls full of paint, stained clothing and a kiln to dry them in. I don’t copy, I create.

Never told no and never told to find the answer outside myself I grew up and did what every young rebel did…investigate the opposite of what I was given, until one day…I learned to appreciate the Artist within.

Everyone is an Artist. Everyone. Every. One.

Through this action that is absolutely embedded in all beings I crashed and burned myself into the race to locate It’s source, It’s primary directive, It’s central most position in all the world, no universe, in deed! It’s inside of me, inside of you, tucked away not unlike a foot in a shoe…to take out, skip about, and play!

Art is beauty and beastly and any other thing that makes you feel anything!
If it makes you feel…it is Art.

This is my story and I’m sticking to it!

Like Picasso said:

“Great Artists are born, it is not difficult to be a Great Artist, the difficult part is staying that way.”

No comments: